4.28.2014

Blackout ! Mais comment allez-vous?

Bring on the night

It's been rampant for months now, you won't learn nothing new : I am really busy these days !

You may think WOW what a great post once more, wait, let's subscribe to this blog posts using the "Follow" Item on the bottom right hand side !!

Then you are alright !

"Le pays des Bisounours" is over. At least for me, let me explain.

Been spending months trying to gather people around one goal and community, the Standard Pauper Cause. Ideally competitive, friendly, a warm welcoming entity for new players and regulars to share experience and have fun. Humanity devoted platform too, we all get benefits from sharing game concerns, but life general topics as well, if one is randomly interested in that.

Working for more attendance at MPDC, having Standard Pauper being sanctioned as an officially supported format on MTGO, recruiting famous players or beginners for one goal, using the Clan option way. But not only that.

The Clan 's been building a forum and an Email address in case anyone interested in the format and community can get in touch and get a friendly walk-through of the game. That's great !
Sadly, it appears that a vast majority among Clan members, and I do respect all of you mates, do not like or want  to use these tools we've been building. I wish that will change.

I have been in other Clans before, so I feel a bit used to experiencing that overwhelming silence or stagnation that settles after a while if not immediately after a community rises.

Successful sometimes hopefully, assessment is bitter-sweet most of the time. I don't take it personal, feel free to say I am wrong and explain the reasons in the comments below if you think I should. Discussions were launched on the Clan forums, new events and actions were clearly and publicly announced, they never met attendance until now.

This all may sound a bit dark and hopeless but it is not !
Still there is hope !

Just a few reminders in case one misunderstood what being part of the clan is :

- No one earns money from what is published or discussed on this blog and Clan forums, unlike other sites.
- A MTGO Clan, like any community, is what the members make it and await from it.
- No man is an island, no man stands alone.

So, with real life taking over and over these days and the lack of time to post (interesting) things, I will put the Clan Blog on hold / Blackout for a bit in hope other members / new members can show up and fill in the voids, say what they want, and move into Clan and community action.

I will keep on playing on MTGO as an individual from time to time when I can, and hope someone will be devoted enough to the clan and take the reins from me in the near future. Until then I will mostly be the silent captain so you'll have to find me online or send a mail to the Clan address.

standardpauperplayers@gmail.com

Gotta love Standard Pauper !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyTrtZRfDN4

Any comments or that's just life and perspectives of a busy family man?
Let me hear you.
Just in case.




2 comments:

  1. We already talked about this. Like you said, the clan is what its members make it and I hope people realize how much they would earn (and Standard Pauper in consequence) if they used the clan more. It has so much potential.

    Anyway, thanks for all the work and good luck with your personal stuff. I'm also a very busy man myself and I know how hard it is to mix real life with hobbies like MTGO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, not really in a good mood these days for some reasons.
      I'll keep on playing the game for fun and as a hobby from time to time, but definitely can't afford spending as much time and effort as I used to do until now.
      Needless to say, there are other hobbies in life too and I want to give them some time.

      Delete